Care Room Attendant - Chicago, IL
RCM Health Care services is currently looking for care room attendants at schools within the Chicago area.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION : Schools will be expected to establish a Care Room which will serve as a staff-supervised temporary transitional space for excluded students (those who are ill or who have failed a daily health screening) awaiting pickup by a parent or guardian. The Care Room Attendant (CRA) will support the needs of students while present in the Care Room.
The Care Room Attendant must be available throughout the school day Monday - Friday.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
A Care Room Attendant is a staff person who completes Office Of Student Health and Wellness (OSHW) training on COVID-19 safety, transmission, health protocols, and communication with families. Other duties include the following:
· Tracks Care Room attendance and will supervise students while in the Care Room
· Records the reason a student has been sent to Care Room
· If the lunch period is involved, provides the student with a meal in the care room.
o The student may remove their mask during the meal as strict social distancing is observed.
· Responsible for tracking and reporting various Care Room metrics, including student attendance,PPEsupplymaintenance,etc.
· Assists school leadership with movement of Care Room students including, bathroom breaks, parent guardian hand off, etc.
· If the health condition of a Care Room student deteriorates and requires immediate emergency attention: Calls 911; notifies the principal, school nurse (if available), and then parent or guardian
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Training and Experience
· High School Diploma
· Completion of provided Heath and Responsibilities Training
· Experience working with school-aged children
· Must be computer savvy to upload tracking document for students who come to the Care Room & PPE supply maintenance communication
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills · Follow written and oral safety protocols and instructions,
· Communicate effectively with school staff and parents
· Utilize iPad applications and other technology
· Computer skills, ASPEN and google access will be required for this role
· Maintain calm and professional demeanor in stressful situations
Physical and Safety Requirements · Must follow CPS COVID- 19 Health and Safety protocol
· Pass - Medical Questionnaire & Complete In Person Fit Testing for respirator usage
· Wears appropriate PPE as determined by OSHW
· Practices aggressive hand hygiene
· Maintains social distance to the extent feasible