Facility: LEA COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, performs daily office clerical tasks such as filing, recording, maintaining records, copying, posting, and other similar duties. Performs clerical work requiring application of varied work methods and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phones for the office area, routing calls, taking and delivering messages as needed.
- Maintains moderately complex indexes and files
- Types correspondence, reports and other materials as required.
- Maintains a moderately complex software database specifically for food service operations.
- Assists with the facility's food service compliance files.
- May maintain inmate/detainee timecards.
- Assists with food service inventory.
- Creates daily meal delivery tickets.
- May operate an adding machine, calculator, copy machine, and other office machines which require simple operation.
- Administrative responsibilities also include keeping calendars, coordinating records, operating a personal computer with printer, assisting in keeping minutes of staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.