FULL TIME COOK
40 Hours Per Week (Wednesday thru Sunday)
$48,000/Year Based on Hourly Wage + Tips
Benefits Including Medical, Dent al & Paid Vacation
Royal Palm Brewing is looking to hire a new Cook who will be responsible for preparing a variety of dishes for our guests. Duties will include prepping meals by weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, cooking meals, checking ingredients for freshness, and arranging and garnishing the dishes. You will deliver meals to patrons and will be required to hand-wash your own dishes. You will also be in charge of ensuring that the kitchen and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained as well as washing and sanitizing dishes throughout your shift.
To be successful in this job, you will need to embody a "team-first" work ethic. You will need a thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation. Prior experience in a related position is required.
Must be able to work nights and weekends.
Assigned shifts - Various start times Wednesday through Sunday, closing each shift.
Because our cooks prepare, cook and deliver food to our customers, our cooks are paid tips.
Restaurant Cook Responsibilities:
• Prepare a variety of meals for our customers in a consistent manner.
• Weigh, measure, mix and prep ingredients according to recipes.
• Check food and ingredients for freshness.
• Arrange and garnish dishes.
• Work well under pressure and within the time limit.
• Wash and sanitize dishes in three-bin sink throughout the shift.
• Ensure that kitchen area, equipment and utensils are cleaned.
• Help lead and inspire our staff and work well in a team-first environment.
• Deliver, greet, thank and wow our guests with amazing dishes.
Restaurant Cook Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Prior experience in related food and beverage service and food preparation positions.
• Thorough experience with hot and cold food preparation.
• Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
• Ability to use slicers, mixers, roasters, food processors, griddles, etc.
• Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment
* Welcoming customers with a warm smile and friendly greeting
* Informing customers about new food specials.
* Selecting proper serving dishes
* Maintaining a clean work and customer area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing dishes, glasses, utensils, and equipment.
* Must be 21 years of age or older
* Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Positive, engaging personality and appearance.
* Basic math and computer skills.
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong task and time management abilities.
* Eye for detail and understanding proper presentation and portions.
* Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 55 lbs.