Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and
our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Individuals in this position will be responsible for operation and execution of the dish pit area, dry chemical closet space, janitorial areas, up keep of employee locker room, employee uniform area, food receiving and recycle area and back storage room. The dishwasher is responsible forkeeping the dish pit area clean at all times, ensuring plates, platters, china, chafers, serving equipment, silverware, glassware are stacked correctly to be rinsed, washed and passed through the machine and put back in their right spots when clean.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of dish room area, pot sinks, front and back line kitchens, pastry kitchen, loading dock and employee bathrooms.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at a very quick pace in a hot and humid environment.
- Keep up to date with the cleaning schedule as advised by Senior Kitchen Management.
- Ensure the kitchen, line and restaurant floor have the right amount of pots, pans, utensils, china, glassware and silverware at all times during operation hours.
- Demonstrate ability to set up and breakdowna three compartment sink.
- Take daily temperature of the final rinse cycle of the machine and maintain the log.
- Pick up and replenish used pots and pans from the line during service.
- Stock and maintain all the janitorial storage supplies.
- Ensure all hand wash stations in the kitchen and bathrooms are stocked with towels, hand wash soap and sanitizer.
- Assist in garbage removal from the kitchen and breaking down of food storage bins.
- Sweep, brush, squeeze and mop floor regularly to avoid slips and falls.
- Ensure the kitchen mats and drains are cleaned daily after service.
- Always use personal protective equipment while working - mainly protective gloves when using a metal scrubby.
- Clean out the dish machine regularly during service and de-lime the machine frequently.
- Attend all trainings and classes as assigned or advised by Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by your Supervisor or Senior Management.
- General awareness of working in a professional kitchen and in a dish area - preferred.
- Prior Dishwashing experience in a fast paced professional kitchen - preferred.
- Must possess the following key essential qualities - adaptability, flexibility, positive attitude, even temperament and a keen eye for detail - required.
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs - required.
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours - required.
- Flexibility in scheduling, ability to work long hours, weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 23rd to January 4th, President's Day Weekend and other holidays as requested - required.
The budgeted range starts at 12.32. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
- Free ski passes for employees
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Accrued Sick Time
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
Enjoy the perks of a DoubleTree Employee and a Vail Resorts employee with just one job. Our staff at the DoubleTree gets twice the reward by holding only one job. Part of the Vail Resorts Family and DoubleTree team member, you reap the benefits of both companies (free ski pass for all Vail Resorts operated properties and all the lodging discounts for DoubleTrees nationwide). The staff at The DoubleTree live up to the brand's reputation by offering a warm and welcoming stay to every guest. There is a high expectation of phenomenal customer service but it comes with a high reward of amazing team members. Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 273450