***FOR ENLISTMENT ONLY***
The culinary specialist is primarily responsible for the preparation and service of food in field or garrison foodservice operations.
https:///info.html?iom=aej7 Job Duties:
- Bake, fry, braise, boil, simmer, steam and sauté as prescribed by Army recipes.
- Operate, maintain, and clean field kitchen equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on garrison and field kitchen equipment.
Job training for a culinary specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and nine weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in food preparation.Some of the skills you'll learn are:
- Standard and dietetic menus and recipes.
- Preparation and cooking of various foodstuffs and bakery products.
- Food and supply ordering.
- Storage of meats, poultry, and other perishable items.
- Must be a US citizen or I-551 cardholder.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a criminal background check with no open law violations.
- Must pass a drug screen.
- No felony.
- Must currently be in good health with no physical limitations.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs:
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.Education Benefits:
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.Benefits:
Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Retirement plan, Signing bonus, Paid time off, Flexible schedule, Parental leave, Relocation assistance, Professional development assistance, Tuition reimbursement.Job Types:
$40,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year.Benefits
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Paid Time Off.
- Parental Leave.
- Professional Development Assistance.
- Referral Program.
- Relocation Assistance.
- Retirement Plan.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Vision Insurance.
- High school or equivalent (Required).
- United States (Required).