Blue Rock Bar & Grill in Sioux Falls, SD is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time and/or part-time Steward. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service. #BlueRock
Key Responsibilities of the Steward:
- Provides guests and employees with clean and sanitized utensils, plate ware, glassware and equipment.
- Ensures dishes are sanitized and available as needed.
- Keeps sanitation solution up to health department code standards at all times.
- Sets up the dish machine in the AM and closes down the machine in the PM according to procedures.
- Maintains daily cleanliness and maintenance of dish machine.
- Washes plate ware, glassware, silverware, pots/pans and kitchen utensils according to sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Places clean plate ware, glassware, silverware and pots/pans in specified shelves according to sanitation and cleaning procedures.
- Keeps kitchen and employee lunch room clean by sweeping, mopping floors, lining and emptying trash.
- Cleans and sanitizes throughout shift.
- Receives food deliveries, checking contents to verify product quantity and quality.
- Completes assigned prep work and cleaning duties.
- Walks or stands most of 6-8 hour shift.
- Lifts and carries sacks, cases and bus tubs of up to 70 pounds up to 20 times per shift.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Steward:
- No prior experience required but will train.
- This position requires flexible hours, including evening and weekend shifts.
- Must maintain current Food Handler Card.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Position: Steward-Blue Rock
Location: Sioux Falls
Job Category: Food & Beverage