Luxury Senior Living Communities
In Coral Gables, Kendall & Homestead
Is looking for
Kitchen Inventory Clerk
Palace at Coral Gables
Luxury Independent Living for Active Adults
1 Andalusia Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33134
Best Independent Living Community in the US
by the National Associated of Home Builders, 2014
The #1 Priority of this position is…
Responsible to receive & properly store all culinary supplies.
The Kitchen Inventory clerk goal is to ensure for an easy material collection experience.
The kitchen inventory clerk needs to be familiar with the inventory, par-values, location while maintaining a safe and attractive environment. The kitchen inventory clerk properly cleans and sanitizes equipment, utensils & work surfaces in the kitchen area. The store clerk will also assist cooks with the preparation of meals for our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Organize the storage rooms and refrigeration, clean areas
- Receive materials and compare against purchase order to ensure accuracy
- Store all items according to the FIFO method
- Set up serving area appropriately with cold foods, condiments, serving containers, dishes, flatware, etc.
- Properly store & label food items.
- Meet meals schedules.
- Apportion food items based on diet order and residents' food preference.
- Maintain sanitation standards & food handling based on County, State & Federal regulations.
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Ability to follow supervisor's instructions.
- Ability to practice The Palace Principles ("Teamwork", "Safety" & "Ask! Don't Assume!")
- Functional Math ability at high school level.
- Speak, read & write English.
The Ideal Candidate
- Polite, responsible, always on time, resourceful, accurate & conscientious.
- Flexible as to work schedule. Must be able to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays & in emergencies
- Work in a safe and responsible manner, including taking precautions & safe work practices; obey the established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management & security; report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair & maintenance needs.
- Able to apply common-sense understanding to carry out oral or written instructions.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently AND as a team member.
- Must enjoy teamwork.
- Follow up with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding complaints, problems & concerns.
- Use tactful communications in sensitive & emotional situations