The Sportsbook General Manager will lead a team to exceed the targets of a multi-million-dollar turnover business at Live! Casino and Hotel's sportsbook. This person will be responsible for managing all daily retail operations in the Sportsbook in conjunction with property management on staffing, while working directly with Live! Casino and Hotel to manage ongoing business operations. The Sportsbook General Manager will be responsible for achieving business goals and ensure high levels of customer service.
Core Service Standards
CLEAN: Must make the property shine and look impeccable while maintaining a neat CLEAN and crisp personal appearance
SAFE: Must make guests feel SAFE and comfortable through creating a worry free, carefree experience.
FAST: Provide FAST and efficient service with accuracy. Meet service time requirements and anticipate guest needs.
FRIENDLY: Greet each guest with FRIENDLY welcomes, making eye contact and smiling. Use H.E.A.R.T. steps to ease guest concerns. Say thank you to departing guests.
FUN: Work passionately as a team to create a FUN experience both for everyone who works and plays here
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage and lead a diligent and professional staff for the Sportsbook.
- Review financial reports in detail and identify key business and operational findings.
- Manage change and the introduction of initiatives within the area.
- Collaborate with senior commercial team on marketing efforts.
- Work closely with Live! Casino and Hotel HR and Operations to ensure appropriate training and staffing of sportsbook personnel.
- Address employee relations in a timely fashion and necessary actions are taken to adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Safeguard that our license is protected to the best of your ability - respond immediately to any threats to the license.
- Maintain accuracy of promotional offers, digital content management, and event calendar to ensure operational structure.
- Delegate key operational issues to staff with corresponding initiatives and actions.
- Evaluate monthly performance, present key findings to partners and Senior Leadership, and make recommendations for operational improvement.
- Lead sportsbook team members to facilitate customer education and engagement.
- Support the senior commercial team in managing on-site events, initiatives and promotions.
Job Requirements (skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Ability to perform assigned duties in an interruptive office.
- Ability to maintain visual attention and sustained mental concentration for significant periods of time.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment to drive both strategy and execution.
- Must possess the ability to deliver and coach team to give a service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable experience.
- Must display commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- High ability to analyze and interpret marketing research and financial data.
- Broad variety of tasks and deadlines requires an irregular work schedule.
- Ability to perform assigned duties under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Strong collaboration and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to always maintain a pleasant, friendly and welcoming attitude, with the use of facial expressions.
- Experience in sports or online gaming highly desired.
- Ability to work in a high energy casino environment exposed to bright lights and noise.
- Ability to work in a smoking environment.
- Associate degree and/or bachelor's degree in Finance or Business-related area preferred.
- 4+ years of managerial experience working directly with team across multiple locations preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license as determined by the Maryland State Lottery and Gaming Commission.