The responsibilities of the QA Supervisor will include:
1. Ensuring proper procedures are in place and being followed for employee safety, food safety, and product quality.
2. Working with plant management and other supervisory staff to maximize product quality and productivity.
3. Providing supervision of assigned employees through scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management.
4. Supporting the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the Freshpet SQF Food Safety and Quality System.
5. Performing paperwork review of daily production and pre-operational activities for product releases.
6. Communicating to relevant personnel information essential to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF System.
7. Assisting with validating changes to Food Safety fundamentals and Food Safety plans that have an impact on Freshpet's ability to deliver safe food for pets.
8. Supporting the development and maintenance of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Preventive Control plans for all products manufactured at Freshpet plants.
9. Coordinating and delivering SQF, HACCP, Quality System and Food Safety training to QA team.
10. Supporting Non-Conforming (Hold) product programs, including procedure development and maintenance, conducting product reviews, assigning non-conforming product dispositions, coordinating problem solving as well as CAPA (corrective action preventive action) with manufacturing, and issuing reports.
11. Managing the Hold log and effective maintenance of Hold areas.
12. Maintaining quality and food safety records.
13. Analyzing and resolving work, quality and food safety problems in manufacturing, or assisting team members in problem solving.
14. Performing customer complaint analysis, distributing information and conducting monthly management presentations. Coordinate foreign material evaluations and corrective action programs.
15. QA Manager, Supervisor or Director of Quality will serve as back up to this position.
· 3+year's minimum experience working in Food Safety/Quality Systems, preferably in food or pet food.
· Must be SQF Practitioner or receive certification within three months in position.
· Must be HACCP/PCQI certified or receive certification within three months in position.
· Must be comfortable with SPC (statistical process control) and have formal training or complete a training course within six months in position.
· Sound knowledge of food safety and quality system requirements for the food industry
· Familiar with food microbiology and chemistry
· Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications
· Knowledge of Statistics to perform routine test data and process control analysis
· Basic knowledge of food processing including heat penetration
· Project Management skills (must be capable of handling multiple projects)
· Basic knowledge of food analytical and microbiology testing
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Sound ethics
· Able to work in production areas under hot, humid and/or refrigerated conditions
· Able to work varied days/shifts to support business needs
· Lift and perform physical labor during plant tests or product start-ups
· Work extended hours to complete tasks/special projects with o ccasional travel
BS/BA in Food Science or related field (Chemistry, Microbiology, Engineering, etc.) required