What Makes a McKibbon Hotel Guest Service Support - Bartender?
A great Hotel Guest Service Support - Bartender not only serves as a host upon arrival but they also mix and mingle with customers while being savvy about drink preparation. The bartender provides customized beverage service to each customer in a friendly, energetic, and timely manner. Responsible for assuring the guest is having a great time and/or relaxing while at the hotel. These valuable associates are passionate about guest service and have the ability to communicate effectively and multitask.
A Day in the Life:
- You will approach each guest interaction with the mindset of exceeding guest expectations
- As a hospitality essential worker, you will be expected to learn our booking system and cross-train in other departments.
- You will embark in all venues of guest satisfaction to ensure an optimum experience for all of our guests.
- You will embrace the culture personifying it in daily interactions with guests and associates alike
- Mix all drinks based on the serving sizes as outlined in the company manual to keep drink costs at a minimum
- You will help create an energized bar experience through friendly and personalized service
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer throughout the night and be able to account for any and all discrepancies in the final drawer tally
- You will take pride in the overall look and feel of the hotel assuring cleanliness and conditions of the bar and surroundings are at their peak at all times
- You will drive product quality and guest satisfaction consistently operating as if they 'own it'
- You will anticipate customer needs with the ability to change goals and direction quickly
- You will have knowledge of drink preparation and presentation
- You must be able to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 30-lbs. on a regular and continuing basis
- One to two years' experience as a bartender
- Former experience as a guest service agent or hospitality-related positions.
- Former food & beverage background.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule, including shift work, weekends, and holidays
- The legal ability to serve alcohol in the State/Province
- Knowledge of state and local guidelines regarding service of alcohol
- Knowledge of drink preparation
- Computational skills to process guest payments
- Be tech-savvy as we are a technology-forward brand.
- Food safety certification and/or alcohol service training recommended
- The ability to lift trays of beverages or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular basis
- Being a motivated self-starter
- Being conscientious and driven to consistently serve the guests with the utmost professionalism and courtesy