PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to assist with tray line and meals along with cleaning of pots, pans, lids and patient trays.
- Duty 1: Food Assembly- Assembles and checks trays accurately according to Room Service Guidelines and Standards. Measures and follows directions accurately. Meets goal of 98% accuracy on all tray checks.
- Duty 2: Patient Room Service: Delivers meal trays to patients according to tray passing procedures
- Duty 3: Sanitation and Cleaning- Cleans and sanitizes workstation in accordance to Sodexo, BVHS, and all other regulatory agencies
- Duty 4: Record Keeping- Maintain accurate record keeping for food temperatures, equipment, and production logs per established guidelines
- Duty 5: Productivity- Promptly initiates assignments and proceeds in an efficient and timely manner. Meets established deadlines
- Duty 6: Safety Focus- Attends monthly safety inservices and practices safety in the daily performance of tasks. Reads and signs monthly safety topics.
- Duty 7: Meeting Attendance- attends meetings on a monthly basis. Completes documentation related to inservices, mandatories, and competencies without prompting.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required
- Ability to work flexible schedule for weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Adheres to the policies, standards, and guidelines set forth by Joint Commission, State of Ohio, Sodexo and BVHS
- Ability to work well within a team environment; by accepting and offering honest constructive feedback; by supporting team goals and encouraging other team members.
- Show flexibility and adaptability in meeting constraints and demands placed on services
- High school graduate
- Previous kitchen experience
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, lifting, bending, squatting and twisting. The associate will be required to stand for eight hours a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must have eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity. The individual must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The position requires excellent verbal skills to perform daily tasks.