Facility: AURORA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Base: $25.99
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a correctional food service position assigned to maintain custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees assigned to Food Service activities. Oversees and monitors activities of inmates or detainees while enforcing and adhering to the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the company and contracting agency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises detainees specifically assigned to Food Services by monitoring and directing them in food preparation, cleanup and sanitation.
- Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts counts, and provides emergency responses as needed.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on detainees/inmates.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates/detainees in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Promotes facility safety and cleanliness and reports need for maintenance or repairs.
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as required.
- Completes training courses as required by facility training standards
- Performs other marginal duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Successful completion of training courses as required by GEO and facility training standards, including ACA required training.
- Demonstrated experience in food service activities, with commercial or institutional meal preparation preferred.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral sciences, correctional services or related field preferred. Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24 hour period.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver's license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to pass physical, drug screen, audio, TB, vision, and background check