System ID: 651270
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Part-Time
Unit Name: HENRY MAYO NEWHALL MEM HOSP-FN
Sodexo Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital is currently looking for part time Patient Ambassadors to be part of our caring dietary team.
The Patient Ambassador is responsible for providing nutritional care to patients by spending quality patient time assisting in menu selection when necessary, providing patient meal delivery and patient set-up with direct patient contact, receiving and processing phone orders as required, and identifying patients who have not ordered meals with the assistance of the tray tracking system. The Patient Ambassador makes meal rounds and collects survey information. They will update the food preference and nourishment information and relay pertinent information to the Clinical Dietitian or Supervisor. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Introduces Room Service and explains diet order to new admissions.
- Classifies patient as Room Service, Room Service with Assist or Chef Select.
- Assists patients classified as Room Service with Assist.
- Assists Registered Dietitians with 24-hour screening of new admissions.
- Acts as liaison between Nursing and Dietary.
- Prints Ambassador Report with patient name, room, diet and admission date.
- Reviews report for patients advanced from NPO/Clear/Full diets.
- Visits all newly admitted patients on advanced diets.
- Introduces self as the unit's Patient Ambassador and provides contact number/beeper.
- Identifies current diet order and explains room service to new patient.
- Explains times patient may call to obtain meal.
- Explains, if needed, the availability of large print and Spanish menu.
- Collaborates with nursing whether patient is: Room Service, Room Service with Assist or Chef Select.
- Documents, resolves or refers any complaints/concerns the patient and/or family members may have.
- Conducts daily meal rounds.
- Records patient, diet, room number and comments daily.
- Notes when patient will be revisited if needed and why.
- Daily check with unit rep on current room service status.
- Conducts 2 test trays per week and meal rounds.
- Works with managers/supervisors in Process Improvement projects.
- Works with patient promotions as necessary.
- Fills in as needed in diet office and kitchen.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No prior experience required.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills.
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.