Fox Hill Village, metro-Boston's premiere upscale resident-owned retirement community, committed to providing people aged 62+ with resources to live meaningful lives as well as social, intellectual and cultural engagement is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our team.
*****************LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY*********************
**************NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE**********
Reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for all operations within the Finance/Accounting Department, including accounting, financial analysis, strategic planning and forecasting. Plans, implements and manages all financial activities in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted accounting principles. Prepares and effectively presents financial and operating reports tailored to target audiences with differing levels of experience and financial matters: these audiences will include, the Board of Directors, the Finance Committee, the resident body, individual residents, bank personnel and other third parties. Evaluates Fox Hill Village's current information technology system and works with IT Consultant to successfully update IT to maximize efficiency, achieve business goals and eliminate security risks. The work may require coordination with system upgrades in various programs. Remains current in the best practices in the senior living sector as they pertain to financial and risk management; identifies opportunities for operational efficiencies.
Essential Functions, Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Effective Financial and Performance Management
· Knowledge of senior living and the competitive and regulatory opportunities to Fox Hill Village's future
· Proficient knowledge of IT to be an active participant in discussions/decisions of new IT product options
· Ethical Conduct
· Concise Communicator
· Must possess a positive, can do attitude and commitment to a team approach
· Ability to independently analyze challenges and problems and develop/implement sound solutions.
· Previous senior management/leadership experience preferred
· Bachelor's degree required; degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred. Master's and/or CPA certification strongly preferred
· 10+ years accounting/financial management experience preferably in a senior living, hospitality or similar setting
· Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices, financial statements preparation and subsidiary ledgers
· Effective communication and presentation skills for a variety of audiences (Managing Director, Board of Directors, Management, employees, residents and third parties) with a range of financial literacy
· Exceptional computer skills, with proficiency with Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the willingness to learn new applications
· Excellent organizational skills, dedicated to high quality, accurate analysis and reporting. Detail-orientated
Fox Hill Village offers an outstanding salary and very generous benefit package. Full-time employees are eligible for benefits which include medical, dental, vision insurance, flexible spending reimbursement accounts, company-paid life, short and long-term disability insurance. Full and part-time employees are also eligible for vacation, holiday, sick, personal days, 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company match.
Interested candidates should forward their resume with cover letter to Ivana Doucet, HR Director
*** Fox Hill Village is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer ***