Property: The Heathman Hotel, Portland
Summary of Responsibilities: The Director of Finance is responsible for directing all of the financial activities for the Hotel; providing management oversight to all internal accounting controls; and for ensuring that all daily, weekly, monthly and financial reports are completed in a timely, professional and accurate manner. The Director of Finance also is responsible for management of the Accounting Department.
- Oversee all of the functions of the Accounting Department at the Hotel, including but not limited to, accounting, financial reporting, fixed assets, cash management, and internal auditing functions.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, capital improvement budgets or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Oversee the maintenance of revenue and appropriation ledgers, general and subsidiary, which involves ascertaining that receipts and payments are in order and properly coded prior to posting.
- Oversee the Hotel's personnel related activities and the fair and consistent implementation of all established policies and procedures including, but not limited to, managing compliance communications, and performance reviews, directing recruiting, training, and employee relations functions.
- Manage the implementation, administration, communication, and cost review and containment of Hotel benefit programs.
- Develop policies and practices in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local employment law and ensure compliance with such policies and laws.
- Serve as an internal consultant to management on all issues of employment, benefits, compensation, leave, performance management, discipline, termination, and safety.
- Advise, assist, and counsel mangers in the employment process to include proper hiring, developing talent, and handling performance problems.
- Manage the proper resolution of real or perceived inequities, complaints, or disputes.
- Direct the administration of accurate employment records, including personnel files.
- Design and implement an adequate system of internal control over cash receipts and disbursements.
- Ensure that monthly financial statements are generated accurately and distributed to appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting staff, recommending and implementing personnel actions, such as promotions and dismissals.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting from four-year college or university preferred and 3 - 4 years of experience as a Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous Director of Finance or Assistant Director of Finance experience in a 4 to 5 star hotel (and the quality and services expectations associated therewith) preferred.
- Multilingual skills are preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Provenance Hotels is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. Provenance Hotels does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.