About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe, California and proud host of the 1960 Olympic Winter Games. The resort spans 6,000 skiable acres across two mountains, with stunning views of Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, while legendary steeps, towering cliffs and heart-pumping chutes continue to be ground zero for boundary breaking skiing and riding. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year-round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny California days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the Spring Skiing Capital ™ and provides the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is on the Ikon Pass , the new standard in season passes, which grants access to 44 iconic destinations across five continents. Ahead of the 2020-21 ski season, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows announced its commitment to change the resort name, removing the word "squaw," which is widely considered offensive. The resort has begun work on determining a new name, which will be unveiled in 2021. Visit the Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows website or call 1. to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram , Twitter , Facebook and Vimeo .
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Squaw Valley operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks
- Provide all customers and employees with top quality customer service in all situations at all times.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with efficient, friendly service.
- Perform safety checks on chairlift and fill out safety log.
- Must be familiar with assigned lift: brakes, electrical systems, mechanical drives.
- Assist customers and employees in loading and unloading chairs safely.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with persons using lifts, and top and bottom lift operators.
- Maintain safe snow conditions by shoveling on loading and unloading ramps.
- Set up and maintain signs, temporary fences and mazes for chair loading and unloading.
- Monitor area for trash, tissues and other safety issues.
- Must be alert at all times of everything around assigned lift area
Additional Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Supervise all operations at their scheduled Lift
- Check in at 7:00am normal operation days and 6:00am on storm days.
- Start setup, and when the rest of staff arrives complete setup and check ramps
- When bottom station is complete go to top and check setup and ramps.
- After returning to the bottom, complete paperwork and start ride breaks.
- Make sure all staff are signing out for ride breaks and being timely.
- After morning ride breaks are complete start lunch breaks at 10:30am. Make sure all staff are punching out for lunch breaks and being timely.
- After lunch breaks are complete start afternoon ride breaks. Make sure all staff are signing out for ride breaks and being timely.
- At 3:30pm start teardown at bottom station
- At 4:00pm ride last chair to top station and check ramps and tear down. Return to bottom station, check ramps and tear down.
- Verify lift is shut down properly and return to base area.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Work well as part of a team.
- 1 year(s): Lift experience
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals