Senior Cost Accountant Job Description
This position entails maintaining accurate accounting, financial and other records with cost accounting, balance sheet accounts, inventory accounting, cycle counting audits, product costing, manufacturing variance analysis, and ensuring adherence to existing policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ability to apply knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and cost accounting standards including the preparation and implementation of cost accounting methods and activities.
2. Responsible for managing and accurately maintaining the company's actual costing systems.
3. Prepare and keep current the bill of materials including preparation of labor, overhead rates and material usage standards for all of the company's products.
4. Perform item maintenance and setting up new items/products as needed by the business
5. Reconcile perpetual inventory balances to the G/L, identifying, and resolving differences.
6. Prepare and analyze production and costing variances relative to each product's standard bill of materials and subsequent reporting of production
7. Responsible for inventory control for plant using work orders and repetitive shop floor controls.
8. Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories.
9. Maintain the company's perpetual inventory system and analyze inventory for slow moving and potential obsolete items and review and analyze inventory obsolescence reserve.
10. Support the company's material requirements planning module by ensuring the integrity of the company's perpetual inventory, open orders and sales forecast.
1. Bachelor Degree in Accounting preferred, CMA is a plus.
2. At least five years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in the food and beverage industry.
1. Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
2. Must have large ERP costing and integrated bill of materials.
3. Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills including extensive experience with Microsoft Office software.
4. Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with production, customer service and business development personnel.
5. Professional demeanor and positive attitude along with a great work ethic with the ability to multi-task. Comfort working in a fast-paced environment in a multi-person department.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
7. Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.