Full-Time | In-Office ONLY | Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Reporting to the CEO and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Director of Finance will be responsible for the development of the company's financial management strategy and contribute by working with the leadership team to develop the organization's strategic goals. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise the key members of senior management on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, and policy matters.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the leadership team informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and other negotiations.
- Direct and monitor all financial activity of the organization, including preparing financial reporting and managing cash flow
- Oversee all accounting work and set up internal and external audits to ensure the accuracy of information
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Use data analysis to strategically forecast financial trends
- Provide strategic financial planning advice to upper management for long-term growth
- Plan, coordinate, and execute annual budget plans with the leadership team.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities; set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
- Provide analytical support to company's internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Improve administrative and operational accounting services such as treasury management, 403-B plan, grants payment processing, payroll, accounts payable, and purchasing.
- Business or Accounting degree mandatory.
- MBA or CPA is preferred
- Minimum 10 years' experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization
- Experience in the Food and Beverage CPG category preferred
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker