The Casino Controller is responsible for ensuring that all accounting and operational activities in the Income Audit, Accounts Receivable, Planning & Analysis, AML/Title 31/compliance, and Cage and Count Team departments are performed effectively and efficiently. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the FireKeepers Casino Hotel policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Develops, trains, advises and supports the Team Members of Income Audit, Accounts Receivable, Financial Planning and Analysis, AML, Cage and Count Team.
- Directs the timely and accurate reporting of the financial position of the property.
- Coordinates the annual budgeting process for the entire property.
- Maintains and recommends policies and procedures related to AML and is a member of the AML Committee.
- Maintains and evaluates the property's policies and procedures to ensure compliance with MICS, TICS, and other regulatory requirements.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial data produced by Team Members under their span of control.
- Monitors assigned financial activities on property, to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and controls of the company, Federal and State Tax authorities, and the Gaming Commission are enforced throughout the company.
- Reviews all journal entries prepared by Revenue Audit, entering and posting entries as needed; reviews daily Cash-Flow Reports.
- Prepares and files tax returns for the company.
- Works with the independent auditors of the company and ensures compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements.
- Evaluates performance in the Income Audit, Accounts Receivable, Planning and Financial Analysis, AML/Title 31, Cage and Count Teams of the Finance Department, adjusting performance standards and procedures as needed.
- Acts as a liaison to all other departments with respect to casino finance questions.
- Initiates wire transfers as needed while ensuring compliance with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Ensures a maximum level of company-wide service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained, in the financial aspect of the business.
- Facilitates the flow of information throughout the department, by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all Team Members under his/her span of control.
- Accountable for the overall accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
- Attend all necessary training meetings.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
GAMING INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Minimum Required Qualifications
An applicant's education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily.
FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate's education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods. The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related area from a four-year college or university.
- Five years experience in accounting, preferably in the gaming industry, with progressive supervisory experience required.
- Two years of hand's on experience with AML/Title 31 compliance required.
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal skills, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience with budgeting, financial reporting, expense analysis, internal control systems, cost benefit analysis and financial statement interpretation required.
- Must be extremely numbers-oriented and computer-literate, with superior spreadsheet skills.