The Electronic On-Ramp, Inc. (EOR) is looking for the ideal candidate for the following position:
EOR invites you to participate in the most heroic journey of our lives together. Our mission, should you choose to accept it is patriotic in nature, humanitarian by design, filled with ecotourism opportunities, and peacekeeping activities. All fueled by high tech solutions and advanced by passion, education, and solid opportunities to live your purpose in our lifetime. Join EOR in support efforts within the United States Department of Homeland Security on one of the largest cyber security activities in the world, with plenty of upward mobility, growth opportunities and more.
Please contact at Sandy;
Host Based System Analyst Level 2
Supporting the onsite incident response within organizations and the critical asset owners who experience cyber-attacks, providing immediate investigation and resolution. Personnel perform investigations that characterize the severity of breaches, develop mitigation plans, and assist with the restoration of services. Seeking a Host Based Cybersecurity Systems Analyst to support this critical mission.
- Acquiring/collecting computer artifacts (e.g., malware, user activity, link files, etc.) from systems in support of onsite engagements - Assessing evidentiary value by triaging electronic devices
- Correlating forensic findings with network events to further develop an intrusion narrative
- When available, collecting and documenting system state information (running processes, network connections, etc.) prior to imaging
- Performing incident triage from a forensic perspective to include determining scope, urgency and potential impact
- Tracking and documenting forensic analysis from initial involvement through final resolution
- Collecting, processing, preserving, analyzing and presenting computer related evidence
- Coordinating with others within the organizations and with the personnel to validate/investigate alerts or other preliminary findings
- Conducting analysis of forensic images and other available evidence and drafting forensic write-ups for inclusion in reports and other written products
- Assisting in documenting and publishing Computer Network Defense guidance and reports on incident findings to appropriate constituencies
- Assisting in preliminary analysis by tracing an activity to its source and documenting findings for input into a forensic report
- Assisting team members in imaging digital media
- Assisting in gathering, accessing and assessing evidence from electronic devices using forensic tools and knowledge of operating systems
- Using hashing algorithms to validate forensic images
- Under direct guidance and coaching if needed, locating critical items in various file systems to aid more senior personnel in their analysis
- Performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources to identify possible threats to computer security
- Using leading edge technology and industry standard forensic tools and procedures to provide insight into the cause and effect of suspected cyber intrusions
- Determining programs that have been executed, finding files that have been changed on disk and in memory
- United States Citizenship
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 2+ years of directly relevant experience in cyber forensic investigations using leading edge technologies and industry standard forensic tools
- Ability to create forensically sound duplicates of evidence (forensic images)
- Able to write cyber investigative reports documenting digital forensics findings
- Experience with the analysis and characterization of cyber attacks
- Experience with proper evidence handing procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Skilled in identifying different classes of attacks and attack stages
- Knowledge of system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Knowledgeable in proactive analysis of systems and networks, to include creating trust levels of critical resources
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Experience with two or more of the following tools: --- EnCase --- FTK --- SIFT --- X-Ways --- Volatility --- WireShark --- Sleuth Kit/Autopsy --- GRR.
- Experience with conducting all-source research.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree.
- High School Diploma and 4-6 years of host investigations experience may be substituted for the BS & 2-4 years of experience.
- provided by Dice