The Corporate Hotel Controller is the senior financial and accounting person for each hotel for which he/she has responsibility. The position is responsible for all aspects of financial management, financial control, accounting and financial reporting for a portfolio of assigned hotels. A Corporate Hotel Controller's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, timely, responsive and accurate completion of the following duties. The Corporate Controller will oversee the Florida market region.
- Understanding and compliance with all corporate, partnership, debt and other contractual documents for all assigned entities.
- Timely review of monthly financial statements for assigned hotel properties and related entities including corporate consolidation and reporting of assigned hotel properties and ownership entities.
- Management of debt, construction and other financing and capital transactions
- Monitoring of hotel operations, cash flow and operating forecasts of assigned entities
- Creation of annual budgets and monthly variance analysis for assigned hotel properties and their related entities.
- Review and approval of monthly bank reconciliations and G/L reconciliations for assigned hotel properties and corporate entities.
- Supervision of Area Controller and staff in corporate accounting department as well as assigned hotel property Directors of Finance.
- Review, approval and processing of disbursements.
- Assist in onboarding new Hotels into Company's portfolio.
- Assistance in the establishment, documentation and maintenance of Standard Accounting Policies and Procedures and internal controls for our finance and accounting operations.
- Involvement with insurance and property tax administration of assigned hotel properties.
- Successful completion of internal and external financial audits, including coordination of work with CPA firms and delivering information requested by auditors on a timely basis.
- Preparation of any special reports, statements, etc., as requested.
- Other special projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Eight + years of hospitality related financial management and accounting experience at both the property level and corporate supervisory level .
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required.
- Hotel management company experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry (11 th Edition).
- CPA preferred.
- Strong PC skills including Excel, Word and financial accounting systems.
- Strong organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary to complete assigned duties.
- Able to travel up to 40% of the time.