AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at . on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Coordination & Organizing - includes ordering food and paper supplies. Notify cooks, breakfast, salad and dessert areas of catering needs. Timely deliveries and clean-ups. Assuring orders are complete and special requests are met.
- Preparation - includes preparing orders for the day. Works in an organized manner. Creation of fresh, quality breakfast and lunch items. Setting up tables, room designs and linen according to guest requests. Lays out work area to be the most effective in preparation and speed.
- Communication - includes receiving, confirming and making necessary adjustments to customer orders. Event planning, suggestive selling, handling guest concerns, handling phone calls, e-mails, and voicemails. Communicating with co-workers and clients in professional manner.
- Cost Control - includes following recipes, usage of leftovers, waste reductions, inventory control, and order adjustments. Using wise and prudent judgement and knowledge to contribute to the profitability of the company.
- Cleaning and sanitation - Keeps work area clean and clutter free at all times and is inspection ready. Also includes proper sanitation of area and usage of gloves while preparing. Practices clean as you go method.
- Catering experience.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills with proven track record in providing excellent guest service.
- Must be able to follow verbal instructions, written recipes and instructions for menu items.
- Proactive team player, flexible with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt to change in a positive manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.