It's More Than a Job, it's a calling!
- Day Hours:
- Weekdays: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Weekends: 6:30 AM - 2PM
- Full Time: 40 hours per week
- Weekend Commitment: Must work every other weekend
To cook, lead, coordinate and ensure quality food service is rendered to patients, customers of the cafeteria and catered functions. Provides cooking direction for the Cook position, meeting established food quality standards. To maintain a clean and sanitary work environment according to health department regulations.
- Responsible for cooking menu items and ensuring they are correctly prepared according to the standardized recipes.
- Adherence to strict deadlines regarding food production for each area of service.
- Works with Cook position to provide oversight for all requirements within the food Management Program.
- Ensures adequate supplies are prepared and available for department needs.
- Implement, monitor, control and direct the food production sanitation program.
- Provide Excellence in customer service in accordance with Advocate Behaviors of Excellence: Be Responsive, Respectful, Professional, Accountable, Collaborative, and Safety.
- Culinary Arts Graduate.
- 6 mos - 1 year experience working in healthcare environment.
- 1-2 yrs years lead/supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of all aspects of food preparation.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to develop and follow recipes.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of kitchen equipment and ability to operate the equipement.
- Current or within 6 months: State of Illinois Department of Public Health Food Service Sanitation License, ServeSafe Certification, and CPDH Certificaiton
- Ability to work under stressful and difficult situations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and days, including evenings, nights, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to complete numerous simultaneous projects within the given time constraints.
- Ability to respond quickly to peak service demands.
- Ability to motivate and lead people to accomplish tasks.
- Ability to analyze situations and develop workable plans to resolve them.
- Ability to see the 'entire picture" and manage accordingly.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Highly skilled in operational and personnel management problem solving.
- Position requires standing, bending and heavy lifting.
This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For lifts over 35 pounds, lifting equipment is expected to be used or lift with at least one other associate when available. Unique lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case by case basis..
JOIN ADVOCATE HEALTH CARE - RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO WORK IN ILLINOIS