THIS POSITION CAN BE REMOTE Who we are:
Our story might surprise you. We're the world's largest restaurant company-encompassing KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell-but there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than just frying chicken, baking pizzas, and serving up tacos. We put this delicious food in the hands of customers through apps, websites, kiosks, POS, and other digital dining experiences - and we are only getting started. Here in Chicago, we're building out a bold team of hackers to help Yum! Brands deliver the next generation of software to 49,000 restaurants in more than 145 countries. That's a huge responsibility, which is why we're on a mission to find the most fearless engineers to join our software startup within Yum!.
Yum!'s vision for the future is simple: a world with more Yum!: with our iconic brands in more places, and more ways for consumers to access them. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results. And like all companies who win consistently, our brands, employees, and franchisees will need to continually adjust to stay relevant now and in the future. The software we're building does just that: it serves people in new ways to make team members more productive and customers happier. What we need:
Our dynamic eCommerce Platform team is rapidly growing as we optimize our digital ordering channels and technology innovations to create competitive advantages for our restaurants around the globe. We are seeking a SecDevOps Engineer who can craft globally scalable and secure solutions that will drive the next generation of our business. You will:
- Collaborate with similar minded technology enthusiasts by providing security insights in systems architecture design
- Work diligently to inject security practices into the software delivery life cycle while maintaining a rapid pace of developer productivity
- Analyze security threat vectors early the development process
- Actively analyze and manage issues on our platform before they impact customers
- Be a key player in improving operational maturity though producing long term fixes from issues identified from on-call rotation
- Partner with Yum security teams to align SecDevOps practices and jointly maintain Yum's industry leading privacy and security standards
A few of our perks:
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years with cybersecurity in cloud environments
- Experience with standards and compliance (HIPAA, ISO-27002, PCI, NIST, GDPR, CCPA)
- Previous experience leading application threat modeling and vulnerability assessments for distributed systems
- Comfort with securing a production container ecosystem (Docker, EKS, Fargate/ECS, Kubernetes, service discovery, service registry) in a continuous delivery environment
- A proven track record of securely architecting and owning cloud platforms such as (AWS, GCE, Azure) using Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Experience with running security tools such as vulnerability scanners and static code analyzers
- The ability to solve problems by working with team members to resolve large scale production issues
- Hands-on technical skills in modern application deployment, NoSQL databases, content delivery networks, web application firewalls, network analysis tools, and other distributed systems technologies
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
- 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture
The Yum! Brands story is simple. We have the three distinctive, relevant and easy global brands - KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell -- born from the hopes and dreams, ambitions and grit of passionate entrepreneurs. And we want more of this to create our future!
As the world's largest restaurant company we have a clear and compelling mission: to build the world's most love, trusted and fastest-growing restaurant brands. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results.
We're looking for talented, motivated, visionary and team-oriented leaders to join us as we elevate and personalize the customer experience across our 48,000 restaurants, operating in 145 countries and territories around the world!
We put pizza, chicken and tacos in the hands of customers through customized ordering, unique delivery approaches, app experiences, and click and collect services and consumer data analytics creating unique customer dining experiences - and we are only getting started.
Employees may work for a single brand and potentially grow to support all company-owned brands depending on their role. Regardless of where they work, as a company opening an average of 8 restaurants a day worldwide, the growth opportunities are endless. Taco Bell has been named of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company; Pizza Hut delivers more pizzas than any other pizza company in the world and KFC's still use its 75-year-old finger lickin' good recipe including secret herbs and spices to hand-bread its chicken every day.
Yum! and its brands have offices in Chicago, IL, Louisville KY, Irvine, CA, Plano, TX and other markets around the world. We don't just say we are a great place to work - our commitments to the world and our employees show it. Yum! has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index and ranked among the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in addition to being named to the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index. Our employees work in an environment where the value of "believe in all people" is lived every day, enjoying benefits including but not limited to: 4 weeks' vacation PLUS holidays, sick leave and 2 paid days to volunteer at the cause of their choice and a dollar-for-dollar matching gift program; generous parental leave; competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as a 6% 401k match - all encompassed in Yum!'s world-famous recognition culture. - provided by Dice