Work Shift: DAY/EVENING
Work Week: rotating weekends/holidays Full Time Flexible work hours between 6am-730pm
Responsible for the preparation and cooking of entrees, side dishes and other specialty products using the recipe collection provided. Prepares specialty dishes for catered events including physician dinners, employee recognition ceremonies, and other big profile events. Must maintain adequate production to support the needs of the patients, café, catering functions, and doctor's lounge. Reviews and maintains production records and cooling charts according to HACCPS guidelines.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
Neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Cook food products for patients, café, catering functions, and doctor¿s lounge. Maintain high quality, proper temperatures and garnish all plates. (EF)
2. Coordinates with the Production Chef and Food Service Coordinators to ensure scheduled meal preparation and/or meal delivery. (EF)
3. Follow HACCP program to include but not inclusive of: proper storage; cross contamination; proper food storage, thawing, cooking, cooling, reheating temps; wrapping, labeling & date marking; documentation of food temps and cooler/freezer temps. (EF)
4. Maintaining sanitation in work area. Cleaning immediate work area as you go and cleaning large equipment per posted cleaning schedule. (EF)
5. May assist in ordering and receiving of food deliveries.
6. Attend daily production meetings.
7. When preparing food for patients (cooking for trayline), must have knowledge of dietary restrictions.
8. Prepare food in timely manner.
9. Demonstrates proper portion and cost control.
10. Demonstrates I CARE Values.
11. Follows safety rules on the job.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED or 2 years of experience in lieu of education.
* 1 year of experience in restaurant, food services, health care or hotel setting.
* Experience with recipe conversion is highly preferred.
* Must have demonstrated ability to be creative with recipes, be able to multi-task and work under limited supervision.
* Line cook experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Texas Food Handlers Certificate through American National Standards Institute (ANSI) is required upon hire
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Interpersonal skills to exchange factual information with various personal when preparing foods and to greet customers.
* Analytical skills to read and interpret recipes can calculate measures in order to prepare quantities.
* Knowledge of special diet cooking methods and basic cooking skills
* Must be able to work in a fast pace environment
* Includes kitchen, cafeteria, and office.
* Exposure to hazardous chemicals, and blood borne pathogens.
* Employee must be able to pull, push and lift items weighing greater than 25 pounds.
* Extended periods of walking and standing are required.
* Exposure to extreme heat, cold and moderate noise level.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital opened its doors to Northwest Houston in December 2000. In May 2010, a major expansion on the 52-acre campus doubled the size of the hospital, brining more expertise, more state-of-the-art technology and more specialized care to the community. With 251 licensed beds, 16 operating rooms and over 1,600 employees, Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital was specifically designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community.