The Benefits Specialist facilitates the daily administration of health and welfare (medical/dental/vision/life ins/short and long-term disability) and wellness plans/policies as well as the retirement plan (401(k)) and ESPP. Assists in the design and revisions of benefit communications/training materials. Provides excellent customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide new employees benefits information and instruct/assist on the enrollment process.
- Administers benefit programs including health and welfare, ESPP, 401k., tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, etc. ensuring all changes are managed within plan guidelines
- Enter enrollment and termination data in vendor websites and ADP HWSE
- Process and reconcile all benefit related invoicing and reporting
- Resolve employee issues with insurance providers as needed
- Using solid Excel skills to generate monthly and quarterly HR reports.
- Provide internal support for payroll/benefit related systems (ADP Vantage)
- Manage leaves of absence/FMLA in partnership with vendor and field HR leadership
- Process the benefits portion on the company payroll/Serve as "back up" for payroll
- Coordinate the annual open enrollment
- Create, review and update plan summaries, communication materials, open enrollment materials, benefits brochures, etc.
- Ensures compliance of employee benefit programs with all legal requirements including ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, COBRA, amount other regulations.
- Provide general project management & administrative support (gathering audit documents, copying, filing, correspondence, etc.)
- Respond promptly and thoughtfully to employee questions concerning policies, procedures and benefit programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-3 years of related experienced required or, in lieu of experience, college degree with desire to progress within the HR field.
- Familiarity with payroll and benefits software systems (ADP Vantage preferred)
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Excellent organizational skills; able to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands and/or shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills