Working Hours: 6am or 7am shift
Days off: Friday and Saturday
This position is responsible for maintaining and stocking kitchen work areas, equipment and utensils. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives, within the framework outlined below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Sweep, mop, clean and vacuum floors in kitchen work areas.
· Wash work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
· Wash dishes, pots by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine.
· Remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
· Clean equipment using established protocols to ensure sanitary standards.
· Transfer supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
· Comply with all HHCS HACCP policies and procedures.
· Report all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
· Comply with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
· Participate in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
· Attend training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Provide transportation of program foods in agency vehicle to any location that necessitates food delivery. Transportation and deliveries are based on programmatic needs.
· Drives a passenger van or food truck throughout Chicago and the surrounding area to deliver food and pick up supplies.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Kitchen experience preferred.
Language Skills: N/A.
Other Qualifications: Must be 25 years of age with a valid driver's license. Must have and maintain a clear driving record.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required:ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The employee may be required to remain on Organization premises during breaks and/or meal periods and may
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
Ability to stand 90% of time Ability to stand 90% of time
Ability to stand 90% of time
The employee is frequently required to reach and pull with hands and arms.
Walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Ability to lift/move 40 lbs. and up to 50 lbs. with assistance
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Heartland Alliance makes all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without regard to race, receipt of an order of protection, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, marital or parental status, religion, ancestry, national origin, amnesty, physical or mental disability, protected veterans status, genetic information, sexual orientation, immigrant status, political affiliation or belief, use of FMLA, VESSA, military, and family military rights, ex-offender status (depending on the offense and position to be filled), unfavorable military discharge, membership in an organization whose primary purpose is the protection of civil rights or improvement of living conditions and human relations, height, weight, or HIV infection, in accord with the organization's AIDS Policy Statement of September 1987.
Stetson Martin | Recruiter
HEARTLAND ALL IANCE for Human Needs & Human Rights
208 S. LaSalle St., Ste. 1300, Chicago, IL 60604
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Visit our Career Center