Luxury Senior Living Communities
In Coral Gables, Kendall & Homestead
Is looking for
Palace at Coral Gables
Luxury Independent Living for Active Adults
1 Andalusia Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33134
Best Independent Living Community in the US
by the National Associated of Home Builders, 2014
The #1 Priority of this position is…
To take menu selections and serve meals to residents & guests.
To create an enjoyable atmosphere during every meal-time for the residents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set-up Dining Room for meals.
- Serve residents in your section while taking into consideration residents' dietary restrictions.
- Clean & re-set the tables per supervisor's instructions.
- Ensure proper storage of food and supplies.
- Demonstrate careful attention to sanitary food handling and equipment safety.
- When there is a buffet, assist residents with selecting their food & beverage choices and carrying their plates to their table.
- Experience in dealing with Food Service is preferred.
- Must be able to operate basic kitchen equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to read and write in English. Spanish preferred.
- Ability to follow supervisor's instructions.
- Ability to remember residents' names.
- Ability to practice The Palace Principles ("Smile, Smile, Smile." AND "Ask! Don't Assume!")
- High school degree or equivalent, preferred.
- College student, preferred.
- Basic math skills required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Responsible, outgoing, punctual, quick on the feet, resourceful, strong enough to carry food trays, accurate when taking residents' food orders and patient when they change their mind.
- Flexible as to work schedule. Must be available to work on weekends, holidays & in emergencies.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently AND as a team member.
- Must enjoy teamwork.
- Able to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal communications, interpersonal skills & empathetic listening.
- Have patience and the ability to speak clearly with the elderly.