Abbott is aglobal healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages oflife. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum ofhealthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medicaldevices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleaguesserve people in more than 160 countries.
Connect with usat , on LinkedIn at , onFacebook at and on
- Contacts insurance companies to verify insurance benefits.
- Initiates pre-authorization requests for new and ongoing services with insurance companies and performs follow up activities for an outcome.
- Files Appeals for denied coverage to insurance companies as needed
- Maintains customer records in practice management system related to benefit coverage, coordination of benefits, authorizations, denials, appeals, outcomes and communication with insurance company.
- Coordinates and communicates with other departments as needed to obtain necessary information to complete benefit verification, authorization, appeals and outcomes for services of care.
- Provides customers with information that includes but is not limited to: updates on status of authorizations, developing & communicating patient financial responsibility estimates, and collecting co-pays, if applicable.
- Assist in coordination of Single Case Agreements for non-contracted plans
- Applies knowledge of company procedures, contracted and non-contracted guidelines to process cases accordingly and to respond to incoming correspondence and documentation as well as updating customer records according to outcomes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
BASICQUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- Preferred two or more years' experience, but, a minimum of 1-year experience is required in insurance benefits verification and/or collections and/or managed care contracting.
- Understand the process for verification of benefits or collections as it relates to the policies and procedures for effective placement of medical services.
- Complete Understanding of Medicare Rules and Regulations
- Understanding of Managed Care as it relates to benefits and authorizations
- Advanced MS Office experience, with an emphasis on MS Excel desired
- Continued Self Improvement courses & seminars related to position along with "In House" programs provided by Acelis Connected Health/Abbott.
- Knowledge in Managed Care
- Knowledge in Contracting and Fee Schedules
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Strong Computer/Software Skills
- Decision Making Ability
- Active Listening skills
- Clear and Effective Communication
- Maintaining Good Relationships/Collaboration
- Ethics and Reliability
- Detail Oriented
- Organization/Time Management Skills
Thisjob description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change bymanagement.
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes andencourages diversity in our workforce.
We providereasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Torequest an accommodation, please send an email to or contact your HR Partner to let us know thenature of your request.