To provide quality food service in accordance with all State and Federal regulations and to meet the nutritional and individual needs of the residents.
Schedule: 11:00am-7:30pm with rotating weekends
Pay: $13.75-$18.40/hour DOE
1. Completes defined food preparation, serving of meals and cleaning duties according to proper procedures, using various food equipment and supplies, as assigned by the Program Director.
2. Plans and initiates cooking schedule for food preparation to meet meal schedule.
3. Prepares, seasons, cooks and serves meat, main dish, soup and vegetable for assigned meal; ensures appropriate portioned servings according to portion control standards.
4. Tastes and smells prepared food to determine quality and palatability.
5. Monitors temperature of hot and cold foods through food preparation and service to ensure that established temperature goals are met prior to steam table transfer and maintained throughout meal service.
6. Stores leftovers properly, plans for use of leftover foods in accordance with State and Federal sanitation regulations.
7. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
8. Responsible for daily counts and documenting meals served.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Dietary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Friendly and enjoy working with the elderly.
2. High School diploma or equivalent education.
3. Education in quantity cooking and therapeutic diets preferred.
4. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older.
5. Minimum of one year food service experience in an industrial setting preferred. General knowledge of quantity food preparation and portioned serving required.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, and family members.