The primary responsibility of a Dish Washer is to quickly and efficiently clean all dishes, glassware, and silverware following set procedures. Dishwashers are also responsible for the cleanliness of the entire restaurant and its perimeters, including the restrooms. Other duties may be assigned as need arises.
What's in it for you?
The opportunity to work in a fun atmosphere with awesome people while being a part of a growing organization that was voted BEST PLACES TO WORK (2018 Business Intelligence Group). We LOVE our employees more than bacon and have a "You First" philosophy, referring to the importance of putting people first.
We also offer:
No night shifts - EVER!
Amazing growth opportunities
Insurance benefits and employee perk programs
Matching 401K contributions
Tuition reimbursement and continuing education programs
First class training
And much more...
- Load, run and unload the dish machine
- Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately
- Monitor dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle
- Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware
- Keep dish room clean and organized
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen
- Bag and haul dish room trash to dumpster at designed times
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the cafe as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Show flexibility in terms of your schedule to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the cafe as directed by the café management
- Maintain a high level of personal cleanliness
- Be a team player; help out fellow employees at every opportunity Requirements:
- No previous restaurant experience required
- Have working knowledge of the predominant language(s) of our customers
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance
- Honesty and integrity
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to effectively communicate with, management and coworkers
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Multi-task oriented - ability to perform multiple job functions at one time
- Follow workplace safety procedures
- Walk and stand throughout the entire shift
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, twist and turn
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long period of time
- Exposure to detergents and chemicals
- Understand basic liquid measurements
- Must report to work in a neat, clean uniform and present a well-groomed, hygienic appearance
- First Watch will supply employee with non-slip shoes, to be maintained by employee. If the shoes become unusually soiled or damaged, employee must notify management for replacement. First Watch will replace safety shoes as needed due to normal wear and tear
The Dish Washer works with all levels of management and staff within the café. Additionally, positive professional contact with customers is required to provide an exceptional quest experience.