BE Valued. BE Rewarded. BE Fulfilled.
Join a team that is driven by excellence, integrity, passion and dedication. At Greystar, it is our goal to continually encourage our teams to go Beyond Expectations (BE). As the global leader in multifamily real estate, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Make-Ready Specialist to join our team!
Location: Discovery at Shadow Creek Ranch in Pearland, TX
Ensures that vacant units meet the established quality standards for re-leasing by performing technical and mechanical work that ensures the timely turn of all vacant apartment homes to market ready condition that meet the Company’s standards for occupancy.
What your day might look like
Completes all needed repairs and improvements to apartment homes prior to resident move-in by following the community’s make-ready checklist.
- Ensures apartment homes have been properly caulked and sealed as needed around windows, sink areas, toilets, bathtubs, and showers.
- Inspects all sheetrock for damage, and repairs and/or replaces as needed.
- Performs touch-up paints for vacant and occupied units as directed by Service Supervisor or Community Manager.
- Assists in maintaining the grounds, common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, pressure-washing breezeways and pool areas, performing general cleaning, and painting curbs and signage as needed.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Completes make-ready checklist and all other required maintenance documentation in a timely manner as required by the Supervisor or Manager.
- Complies with Greystar’s safety and risk-management policies by attending and participating in the community’s routine safety meetings, completing required training on OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements, and by reporting accidents and incidents promptly and accurately.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and completing assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
What we are looking for
- Knowledgeable and skilled in safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, and mechanical equipment
- High level of professionalism in both manner and dress
- Excellent communication skills; ability to read, write and communicate effectively
- Valid EPA/Universal certifications are highly desired
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability insurance
- Retirement savings with a 401(k) and company match
- Generous holiday & vacation package
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
YOUR OPPORTUNITY is Beyond Expectations: BE Greystar.
For additional information; visit our website at www.greystar.com. EOE