Is your energy only matched by your passion for great beer? We need you!
We are currently looking for passionate and dedicated GM to join our team and oversee brewpub operations at our Westchase location.
Summary of Position:
Responsible for all aspects of operations and management of the taproom. Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, hiring, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in brand development, sales, costs, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create the tap schedule following proper FIFO methods while maintaining the proper spread of on-brand beer styles while coordinating with the Ybor taproom.
- Create and maintain a pleasant taproom environment (temperature, music, cleanliness, conduct).
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, and training programs
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service always
- Handle conflict resolution with customers, vendors, and taproom staff as needed. Document incident reports as needed.
- Ensure that all beer, food, and other products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s standards (proper pouring, glassware, etc)
- Achieve company objectives in employee beer knowledge, sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through employee training
- Promote a positive and productive work environment for all FOH & BOH employees
- Provide input during financial P&L discussions and reporting
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection
- Update and maintain the Positouch POS system.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving/inventory guidelines
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed in a timely manner
- Schedule labor as required based on anticipated business activity while ensuring all positions are staffed when and as needed while meeting labor cost objectives
- Be knowledgeable of TBBC policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about craft beer
- 5+ years of General Manager experience at a full-service taproom, preferably with P&L responsibility and accountability
- Experience in hiring, evaluating, and training employees in beer knowledge, customer service and restaurant operations
- Passion for growing and improving the team
- Tons of energy
- Can multi-task, think critically, be proactive and take initiative to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives.
- Possess excellent industry standard math skills and can operate the restaurant’s POS system (POSitouch)
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and conflict management skills
- Proficient in MS office software and electronic communication
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Able to work 50-60 hours per week
At TBBC we pride ourselves in creating an exceptional work environment. At TBBC you can expect:
- Compensation that is well and fairly based on responsibilities and position
- To be involved in the evolution and growth of the company
- To be informed about company decisions and performance as well as your own performance through performance reviews
- Empowerment to make decisions that are in line with the overall company goals
- Trusted to execute your duties responsibly and to be a face of the TBBC brand
- Provided with mentorship and learning opportunities related to craft beer
Think you’re the perfect candidate? Apply now!!!
What are you waiting for?
Tampa Bay Brewing Company is one of Florida’s oldest and largest independently owned Craft Breweries. Established in 1995 and only operating as a brewpub until 2015, TBBC has evolved into an industry leader producing 17,000 BBLs in 2019 while only distributing in Florida. TBBC is a dynamic, fast paced company that nurtures an environment where respect and creativity flourish. TBBC currently operates a 10bbl Brewpub in Ybor City, which acts as a no boundary creative facility, and a 30bbl Production Brewery in the Westchase area of Tampa. Live Florida, Brew Florida.