To all who have been negatively affected by COVID-19, you are in our thoughts and together we will beat this!
We are hiring! Our Plymouth Crossings location in Plymouth Massachusetts is looking for Part Time Dining Room Waitstaff and Servers. Part time schedules include required shifts on the weekends. This is a great after school to early evening opportunity!
At Benchmark Senior Living, we are a human connection company and we are always looking for caring people to join our team. We understand that if you are currently in the Hospitality, restaurant or retail industries you may be facing the hardship of your employer being closed or reducing your hours.
Come join our team and make an impact in a senior's life! We are making a difference every day and will come out of this crisis stronger than ever!
The Server position serves food and beverages to residents in accordance with established Benchmark policies and procedures. S/he performs duties under the direction of the Dining Services Director, to assure that quality food service is provided to meet the needs of the residents.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends in-service programs, seminars, and workshops as directed
- Must attend two hours of orientation
- Advises supervisor when supplies diminish for reorder
- Takes food and beverage orders from residents and serves meals on a timely basis that are both presentable and appetizing in appearance
- Sets up and delivers meal trays and food carts to the dining room as instructed
- Handles requests from residents who require assistance with meal selection or have specific needs
- Sets up dining room for the next scheduled meal
- Assists in inventorying supplies
- Develops and practices the "30-second commercial' and uses it to greet visitors
SAFETY AND SANITATION
- Follows safety regulations and precautions at all times
- Follows established Infection Control procedures when performing daily tasks
- Ensures that all food service areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are properly maintained
- Reports all hazardous conditions and equipment to your supervisor
- Reports all accidents to the Dining Services Director or the Executive Director
- Disposes of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Must have knowledge of dietary procedures, was well as related Health Department regulations and guidelines pertaining to food service operations
- Must be able to serve food and beverages for residents in a prompt and efficient manner
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous dining room and server experience
- Lift up to 50lbs
- This is primarily a standing position where an employee may be required to stand in one place for extended periods of time. They also will be exposed to extreme heat and cold temperatures
We believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!