ABA - Lettuce Entertain You's first restaurant to open in Texas - is hiring DISHWASHERS for our KITCHEN team!
6 MONTHS-1 YEAR EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS
Mediterranean and California-Inspired Cooking
A restaurant & outdoor patio with a welcoming ambiance, showcasing Chef CJ Jacobson's lighter style of cooking with influences from the Mediterranean, including Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, and Greece STEP ONE: Complete your application! STEP TWO: Interviews going on now! Virtual video and in-person interviews: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM-6:00 PM, Virtual video interviews: Saturday 9:00AM-1:00PM
If video access is not an option, we are holding in-person interviews at our space located at 1011 S. Congress. Look for our canopy located just behind Lululemon on South Congress. To help ensure the safety of our applicants and employees during this time, masks, temperature and health checks will be required prior to in-person interviews.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You'll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Responsible for washing and sanitizing all food service utensils and miscellaneous items such as plates, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, etc. Also responsible for assisting in maintaining the cleanliness of the back of house area. May have additional cleaning duties specific to the restaurant.
- Operate and utilize the dish machine and cleaning supplies
- Wash, sanitize and dry all kitchen utensils, equipment and other items placed in the dish area or as requested by Management and Staff
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a pace sufficient to prevent back up of dirty dishes, glasses, etc.
- Return and restock all items to appropriate area after washing and sanitizing procedures are completed
- Ability to read a thermometer
- Maintain dishwashing machinery and communicate any potential issues to Management
- Identify cleaning supplies and notify Management when running low
- Assist with general cleanliness of the back of house and restrooms
- Empty garbage (checking for restaurant supplies) and keep garbage areas clean and covered
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed