Boxer property is looking for a Cook that will be located in a golf course and will be in charge of preparing food 'to order' for the restaurant ; ensures consistent quality while following Standard Operating Procedures and Food Safety procedures. Cooks and present food according to standard recipes in order to create quality food products.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per dupe from servers.
- Washes, peels, slices and generally prepares ingredients as identified by recipe.
- Cut, trim, bone, carve and generally prepare meats, poultry and fish as identified by recipe.
- Measures, mixes, portions and generally prepares ingredients as identified by recipe.
- Secure service and preparation areas at end of day.
- Wrap, label, date and properly store all food ingredients in accordance to safe food handling making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up.
- Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage per SOP.
- Assist in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
- Able to speak, read, write and understand English
- Ability to lift large trays weighing up to 30lbs.
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, make smart decisions
- Must be able to willing to lend a helping hand to any teammate at any time
- Able to take direction and delegate responsibilities
- Prior Food & Beverage experience preferred
- Experience with MICROS 3700 or TABC/Food Handler certifications ideal
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
Boxer Property offers a full range of benefits including 401K and PTO after 90 days to eligible employees.
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Property will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.