- Follows standardized recipes to prepare all meals and makes appropriate food substitutions with similar nutritional value when necessary.
- Prepares appropriate meals for special dietary children daily.
- Completes Daily Meal Production Record (Form 1530) prior to serving meals daily.
- Orders food and milk as necessary from appropriate food and dairy vendors.
- Maintains safe and sanitary practices in preparing, transporting, and serving food which includes keeping kitchen and all kitchen equipment and supplies sanitary.
- Maintains proper storage area using the First-In-First-Out (FIFO) method.
- Empties kitchen wastebaskets, transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Compiles and maintains departmental records.
- Must be able to operate standard kitchen equipment including small and large appliances.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)