Join a great team where people are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for our Healthcare Services segment at HCA St. David's South Austin Medical Center in Austin, TX. St. David's is a 324 bed hospital, running Sodexo's 'At Your Request' room service program.
We are looking for a dynamic, hands-on candidate to increase the appeal of our culinary program. This candidate will be cooking with the team on a daily basis. Must have financial savvy to understand inventory, purchasing, cost controls, and menus. This Executive Chef will oversee about 25 production employees.
We are seeking candidates with excellent client and customer-facing service skills, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to lead other employees in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be detail-oriented and committed to the highest level of customer service.
The successful candidate will:
• be responsible for scheduling, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
• ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
• ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
• have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
• a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
• excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
• experience as a leader in a high volume operation;
• have a passion for food and the ability to train and lead a staff of Production employees.
Learn more about St. David's South Austin Medical Center at
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs .
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.