Maxwell Group is now accepting applications for a Traveling Sous Chef. Ideal candidate will have a comprehensive knowledge of meal service operations, scheduling of staff and ordering inventory to operate kitchen(s) within a Senior Housing environment. This position will require 85% travel regionally across the entire Senior Living Communities and Wellmore portfolio. Must be able to travel and fill in as needed on short notice.
When all Executive Chef positions are filled, this position will be required to have a cycle schedule and work at various communities to build relationships with staff and gain working knowledge of each dining department. This may include covering Executive Chefs' PTO as well as staff out on medical leave.
Knowledge of safe, sanitary food handling procedures, preparation methods, merchandising and supervision required.
Must have knowledge of special diets and all applicable local, state and federal regulations.
This position is responsible for supporting the efforts of recruitment, employment, performance evaluation, promotion and discharge of all dietary staff under the supervision of the Executive Chef/Director of Dining Services.
Must demonstrate our guiding principles: People First Always, We Exist to Serve Our Members and We Have a Responsibility to be Full + lead with Heart when filling in at a community. It is important to be positive, supportive, and encouraging.
Experience and Skills:
- Lead and personally contribute to the preparation and cooking of meals for all dining venues in the community.
- Monitor food production to ensure compliance with Senior Living Communities' standards for quality, presentation, portion control, safety, sanitation, and other appropriate quality and compliance measures.
- When necessary partner with the Director of Dining Services to create menus and plan for special events.
- Work closely with the Director of Dining Services to monitor inventory and prepare food and supply orders in order to ensure efficient operations, meet budget expectations, maximize freshness of ingredients, and minimize waste.
- Lead and/or actively participate in daily production meetings with the team.
- Provide training, coaching, guidance, and direction to line cooks.
- Assist the Director of Dining Services in creating and managing schedules to ensure sufficient staffing and adherence to labor budget.
- Oversee and continuously monitor food preparation, storage and handling to ensure adherence with all proper handling, HACCP, labeling, and storage protocols and ensure compliance with all relevant food service regulations.
- Follow all safety protocols and set a strong example for practicing a culture of safety.
- Maintain documentation of temperature charts and records.
- Maintain an open communication and professional working relationship between front and back of house operations and sister departments.
- Attend and actively participate in required in-service training and education programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Auto & Fuel Allowance, 26 days of PTO + PTO Payout Program, Medical/Dental/Vision benefits, 401k with company match, Education Reimbursement and more!